Status of HFS+ support

Halfmann, Klaus khalfmann at libra.de
Fri Sep 15 17:45:26 EST 2000

Today I can announce a bit of progress:

The following tools currently work (readonly):

hpmount ,hpumount, hpls, hpcd, hpcopy.

They are really fresh and propably full of bugs, but I was able
to copy a file from a HFS+ volume (my major goal). Everybody
interested can ask me about the anoymous CVS acces at Suse
(thanks once again), or even better might help me :). And
yes, It should run ox x86 linux, too. But I have no acces to
a machine to really test it. (On the other hand, which x86
linux user needs this :)

I hope Suse will either provide rsync access or even
prebuild the tools. If someone volunteers I can provide the
statically linked tools to be put on some web/ftp site.

My next short-term goals are debugging the tools and begin
writing the cache I'll need for write acces later.

P.S. could someone tell me how to join the linux-fsdevel
	List ? (or better read it offline)

Greetings,

|       |                  Klaus Halfmann       khalfmann at libra.de
|       |
|    i  | --.  r---  -- |  Libra Software GmbH  Tel +49 (0)621 41997-0
|    |  b-- |  |    a-- |  Erzbergerstr. 17     Fax +49 (0)621 41997-30
L--- |  --- |  |    .---.  68165 Mannheim