pppd modem problem (2.4.0-test7 lombard)

Andreas Tobler toa at pop.agri.ch
Sat Sep 2 21:30:47 EST 2000

Bernhard Reiter wrote:

> I am using pppd 2.3.10 and

[snip]

> I also have the problem that after that sometimes, the ttS0 port cannot
> be opened anymore.
>
> Am I missing something obvious here?

May an update to pppd-2.4.0 would be an idea. I run here almost the latest dev
kernels on my wallstreet and I have no problems using pppd with ttyS0.

The pkg you'll find here: ftp://linuxcare.com.au/pub/ppp/
It is a tar.gz, if you prefer an rpm then I attach the spec file. With this spec
file and the source you can build your own rpm with rpm -ba file.spec (-ba
stands for binary, all. The binary rpm and the src.rpm will be built. This has
to be done in the appropriate place)

If the spec is ok?? Don't know for me it works.

Good luck

Andreas