PPC byte ordering

David Riley oscar at the-rileys.net
Sun Oct 29 07:50:38 EST 2000

Before I get dirty looks, I know the PowerPC's default byte ordering is
big-endian (the way things *should* be :-).  What I'm asking is slightly
irrelevant to most development discussion here, but...

I know that the PowerPC does allow both endian modes.  My big question
is how well it works in little endian mode.  I know we'll never switch
Linux to this, since that would be too much unnecessary work, but just
for reference:  Is it broken?  I have heard reports to this effect.

Thanks,
	David