IrDA on PowerBooks

Claus Enneper cl.en at gmx.net
Wed Oct 18 01:46:17 EST 2000

Hi Topi!

 >:
 >: Now, anyone who has succesfully got any IrDA devices to work with the
 >: PowerBook IrDA port? any suggestions?

don't know anything about the ericson, but as long as you followed
the IRDA-HOWTO, it should work right out of the box.
get the irda-utils src, or use debian's package.
and there is a gsmlib-rpm at linuxppc, which manage your sms (no GUI).
	I did't try that one, 'cause I use irda only for the palm.

# irattach /dev/ttyS1
# irmanager -d 1
and after that it's a matter of your userland app via /dev/ircomm0

		Claus