RTLinux and mvme26xx cards?

jlhagen at collins.rockwell.com jlhagen at collins.rockwell.com
Sat Nov 11 01:26:27 EST 2000

Hello,

I seem to be hitting a build problem with the 2.4.-test kernels so I may
not get to try it out. I popped a note to the list yesterday (see 'can't
compile 2.4.0-testx kernels on G4 YDL C.S. 1.2.1') describing my build
errors. I haven't figured out why I can't complete compilation. I was going
to try your 2.4.0 config and patches/vme drivers, then try a fresh
2.4.0-test1 kernel ( based on an email I got) and then play with RTLinux.

Someone sent me an email about using /arch/ppc/boot/zImage which worked on
our boards as well without your patches. From the mail archives I think you
do the memory mapping differently than what is included in the kernel as
well as a different boot loader. Can I get a little more insight on what
your patches are providing.

Thanks,
JH

Gabriel Paubert <paubert at iram.es> on 11/10/2000 02:49:45 AM