decompress the kenerl image for MPC8260ADS-L2C board

Shuangjun Zhu r44089 at email.sps.mot.com
Fri Nov 10 20:35:02 EST 2000

I built the linux-2.4.0-test2 kernel on x86 platform,
The powerpc-linux-gcc version is 2.95.2,
the target board is MPC8260ADS-L2C board from Motorola.
After I download the kennel image (zImage.initrd)
using the EST tools visionICE to the target,
The boot code can not correctly decompress the kernel.

Before boot/head_8260.S call decompress_kernel(),
the compressed kernel image in memory is right, ( I upload it
from target to my host, it's same as the file vmlinux.gz),
but after it call the decompress_kernel() function,
the value of address 0,4,8... all are filled with 0.
It seems that the coff/zlib.c can not correctly decompress the
kernel image.
I have no any knowledge about gnuzip.

Any suggestion?
Thanks.