whacked out 2.2.18pre17?

Stefan Jeglinski jeglin at 4pi.com
Sat Nov 4 12:15:34 EST 2000

>  >The second night, it booted, but the no video checkbox was somehow
>>inverted in operation. IOW, with no video turned on (I have a twin
>>turbo card, OFfb is my only choice in running X), I never get the
>>OFfb driver, it always insists on loading the imsttfb driver, so X is
>>impossible.
>
>The IMS TT in my 9600/200mp has never given me any troubles at all with
>imsttfb and X. The only quirk is that the dotclock values are off, but read
>and write consistently and reliably.
>
>This is using a Linus-2.2.17 with PCI and IDE patches, and the latest
>debian-unstable packaging of X.

Well, this is unlike most users of Twin Turbo cards, if the past list
traffic is any measure. Interestingly, I have seen comments before
that the issue is not the imsttfb driver, but X itself. This would
not be inconsistent with your setup, given the debian X. I would love
to get the twin turbo working, I have been waiting for X4 to get far
enough along, but it appears to still be lacking in even
straightforward atyfb support (debugged that is), as per the last I
read. Older ATI Rage Pro card(s) are what else I have, but it won't
do me any good to get one card working if another that I have breaks.

Stefan Jeglinski