Serial console in 2.3.99?

Michel Lanners mlan at cpu.lu
Sat May 27 20:46:02 EST 2000

Hi all,

I don't seem to get the serial console working in Paul's 2.3.99-pre9. I
have tried all kernel command lines, but no dice.... I had it working in
2.2.15, but that same command line does not work for 2.3.99. The cabling
is ok; I can cat files out the serial ports and get them on the other
side. But not a single character of kernel log shows up...

Anybody know what's happening? Any patches around? I absolutely need the
console to debug strange crashes, with nothing in the syslog...

Thanks

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan at cpu.lu            |