[linux-fbdev] Re: macmodes/modedb

Brad Douglas Brad at NERUO.com
Fri May 19 22:02:09 EST 2000

I'm not totally sure what I was thinking when I wrote that.  Ani added
support into the aty128 driver that at least allowed detection of multiple
cards of the same class.  I guess what I wasn't sure of was if the
underlying system could handle it.

> > > One possible thing (in each fbdev driver :-(
> > >
> > >     default_mode = NULL;
> > > #ifdef CONFIG_PPC_ALL
> > >     sense = ...;
> > >     default_mode = mac_map_monitor_sense(sense);
> > > #endif
> > >     ... = fb_find_mode(..., default_mode, ...);

So I'm assuming that this is the route to go until we/I have more detail on
DDC?

In the end, I think that an addition to fb_ops would be appropriate.

I see that DDC is supported in X4.  Are there any legal reasons why I
couldn't just "figure it out" from the X code?  $350 USD seems a bit steep
to find out how an industry standard works...

Brad Douglas
brad at neruo.com
http://www.linux-fbdev.org