BMAC+ & Full Duplex

Timothy A. Seufert tas at mindspring.com
Fri May 19 19:00:23 EST 2000

At 1:56 AM -0700 5/19/00, jeramy b smith wrote:
>"Mike Hudson" <Exoray at isys.ca> wrote:
>>
>>  Has anyone looked into the problem with a BMAC+ not being able to do
>>   full-duplex 100baseTX?
>
>Wow, I'm glad I bought a laptop and not a server. My 1999 PowerBook does 100tx
>full duplex without any parameter passing of kernel tweaking. It just
>auto-senses what should be and voila!

I'm pretty sure your 1999 PowerBook uses the same BMAC+ Ethernet as
his PowerMac G3.  The auto-sensing feature doesn't work with all
Ethernet hubs/switches, which is why he's having problems and you
aren't.

I have a couple B&W G3s connected to a 5-port 100BaseT switch, and
they successfully autonegotiate full duplex 100BaseT under both MacOS
and Linux.

   Tim Seufert