BMAC+ & Full Duplex

Mike Hudson Exoray at isys.ca
Fri May 19 08:33:15 EST 2000

Takashi,

I think we're talking about the same thing.
"Server mode" is like a modified auto-power on that will
ALWAYS boot the computer. i.e. it will boot whenever AC power is present.

I'm going off the technote at the apple website
(http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn/tn1079.html) which specified
direct hardware access to the CUDA, can we do this from user-space using
ADB commands?

Here's what I was originally thinking about:

cuda_request(&req, NULL, 2, CUDA_PACKET, CUDA_SVR_MODE,
    CUDA_SVR_MODE_ENA)
called somewhere in the kernel
after
#define CUDA_SVR_MODE 0x13 (from apple technote)
#define CUDA_SVR_MODE_ENA 1
etc..
This could be called numerous ways.

Either way, send over the source code to your little app, Takashi. It would
be
exponentially more elegant than a kernel patch.

Mike Hudson