Lombard hard freeze (update: mem>64MB)

Michael Schmitz schmitz at opal.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de
Thu May 18 18:33:09 EST 2000

> I was doing some transfers like that as well,
> (downloading ISOs and the like.. heh) and never had
> any problems. I don't think this is a network issue
> really.
>
> It seems that those with 3xxMHz CPUs don't have the
> same problems that those with the 400MHz CPUs do. Is
> this correct? I'm also wondering if there were just
> some bad SODIMMs that made it into the Lombards and
> that's causing the problems...

Can't be correct, mine is a G3-400 (64 MB) and I don't
see any kernel lockups that can't be attributed to known
bugs (testing XFree 4.0 or HFS, currently).
While I haven't downloaded ISO images recently, I've had
the machine running on a 100 Mb network here with quite
some data going in or out.

	Michael