Lombard hard freeze (update: mem>64MB)

Gabriel Ricard g_ricard at yahoo.com
Wed May 17 03:18:30 EST 2000

I should note that I removed my 128MB SODIMM and still
had problems with freezes. I am going to call the
company I bought my PB from and ask them whether or
not my 128MB SODIMM is low profile or high profile
only, maybe I can figure out whether or not I've got a
bad 64MB SODIMM in the low profile slot.

--- Bernhard Reiter <bernhard at intevation.de> wrote:
> On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 05:01:08PM +0200, Mario
> Scarpa wrote:
> > Bernhard Reiter wrote:
> > > Mario Scarpa            hard freeze as
> described?  64 MB + other problems
>
> > I was out for a while, now I'm back.
> > My config is like the following:
> > Lombard 400MHz with 64MB (from Apple) running
> 2.2.15pre20 on Debian 2.2.
> >
> > I'm experiencing (seldom) freezes with this config
> when I have
> > some heavy network activity and, even more seldom,
> when the
> > system boots up and initialize the serial driver.
> > My problems started when I compiled the USB driver
> into the kernel
> > (or, at least, began to be visible).
> >
> > No problem during any compilation (and I do quite
> a lot of this)...
>
> Well with 64MB I never had freeses to far.
>
> Chris told me that he has a 333Mhz lombard.
> I have the 400 Mhz model, maybe this makes a
> difference which is
> more problematic when the clock speed it higher.
>
> Jeramy, what speed does your lombard run on?
> 	Bernhard
> --
> Professional Service around Free Software
>     (intevation.net)
> The FreeGIS Project				            (freegis.org)
> Association for a Free Informational Infrastructure
>           (ffii.org)

=====
Gabriel Ricard
g_ricard at yahoo.com