IxMicro TwinTurbo device ID and revison number?

Ryuichi Oikawa roikawa at rr.iij4u.or.jp
Mon May 15 03:59:40 EST 2000

From: Ani Joshi <ajoshi at shell.unixbox.com>
Subject: Re: IxMicro TwinTurbo device ID and revison number?
> Please forward me any lspci's you get as I will be needing them for the
> XFree 4.0 IMS TwinTurbo driver i'm writing. thanks!
Sure, but I haven't had any response, yet. I wonder there's little IxMicro
cards users now. I haven't heard ixmicro activities recently...

> (right now I only have the IMSTT 128 and 3D's id's, is the UltimateRez one
> of these or different?)
(I don't know about it at all. Does IMSTT 128s have only on ID?)

> > The maintanance of the server will be over when XFree86 4.0 becomes
> > stable and easy to use(for beginners, too) state and XFree86 projects
> > Inc. stops 3.x series maintanace.
> >
> > I'm not very sure if this attempt isn't a waste of time.
> > Any suggestion, advice, information, etc. are greatly apprecicated.
>
> It sounds great, but as you mentioned above, 4.01 (hopefully with working
> ATI and IMSTT on ppc) will pretty much obsolete Xpmac as I don't see any
                            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Yes, it is really obsolete, therefore I'm rewriting DDX.

> reason for anybody to use xpmac over a (granted, working) 4.x.
Is that a true for everyone and when?
In my experience, when experts or developers say "it performs great,
works fine without any problem", mostly it isn't true for beginners
(including me a couple years ago), who can't even get it to work.
 In my personal opinion, it isn't a bad idea that people can SELECT
the server suitable for their skills and purposes.

Regards,

Ryuichi Oikawa
roikawa at rr.iij4u.or.jp