Lombard hard freeze (update: mem>64MB)

Tim Wojtulewicz Tim.Wojtulewicz at NAU.EDU
Thu May 11 03:43:41 EST 2000

>It would so nice to have a person who can debug it.
>I will test two things:
>	Setting mem=64M and see if it makes it stable.
>
>	Maybe a development line kernel has some fixes for this stuff,
>	I shall try one.
>
>Maybe we should ask for Lombard users which have a stable system
>with more as 64MB memory. Can they do huge compiles?
>Somebody should have a lombard the symptom and the guts to debug it.
>
>	Bernhard

I've been paying attention to this thread for a while since I have a
Pismo and mine is exhibiting the same problems that yours is.  I have
128M of RAM in mine (one stick).  This is memory straight from Apple.
I also see kernel panics/lockups during large compiles.  I managed to
make it through KDevelop 1.2, but it will ALWAYS die during XFree 4.0.

Tim