Wallstreet Ethernet

Seanano sto9013 at ksu.edu
Tue May 9 02:30:46 EST 2000

  Is the Wallstreet II (never heard that name) the same thing as a
lombard?  Does it have a bronze keyboard?  I've got a lombard running
2.2.15pre20 from the linuxcare linux-pmac-stable kernel source.  I haven't
had any crashes other than when I was writing a kernel module... but that
was to be expected (Note for newbie kernel module writes: make sure to
sync a few times before reading a your new (untested) /proc entry ;-)  As
far as ethernet goes, I haven't seen any problems.  I can get over 7 Megs
per second without problem.  You might check to see if your connection is
half,full, or autonegotiation on duplex.  I had problems with auto and
full on another linuxppc machine (G4 sawtooth 450). I seem to get the best
performance with setting the port on the switch to half duplex.  I'm not
sure if this is a problem with autonegotiate or what...

Hope this helps,
Sean