hfs

David A. Gatwood dgatwood at deepspace.mklinux.org
Thu May 4 07:47:15 EST 2000

On Wed, 3 May 2000, Scott Knight wrote:

> Ok heres a quick question to that followup. Even if this group gets HFS+
> working that doesnt mean normal HFS will be working right? I personally
> dont have any drives HFS+ formatted and dont plan on making any of them
> that way. So even if HFS+ works that really doesnt help people wanting to
> use HFS. Thanks for all the info.

I'm under the impression that HFS is basically a subset of HFS+, i.e. HFS+
working should fix HFS.  I could easily be wrong, though.  Regardless,
they're probably modifying the HFS code to also support HFS+, which
probably would mean that they'd be fixing the HFS code in the process
(since the problems are more general OS-related, rather than actual
filesystem metadata-specific bugs).  But it's hard to say for sure until
somebody actually gets it working.  ;-)

David