LinuxPPC and Pismo Powerbook

Benjamin Herrenschmidt bh40 at calva.net
Thu Mar 30 02:47:18 EST 2000

On Wed, Mar 29, 2000, Olaf Hering <olh at suse.de> wrote:

>I had never problems with my faked system folder, I move it around, to
>CDs, to netatalk servers and where ever I want. This can be a "feature"
>of OS9 that it doesn't remove the information, I don't know.
>
>What makes this blessing so special??

The "blessing" is a combination of two things:

 - The directory ID of the "blessed" folder is written somewhere in the
disk catalog (I think in the MDB, I don't remember for sure)

 - Valid boot blocs are written to bloc 0 and 1 of the volume

OF may still be able to boot if the bootblocs are not present (but miBoot
can't).