OF compatible serial PCMCIA cards?

cesli at ewetel.net cesli at ewetel.net
Sat Mar 25 11:08:15 EST 2000

At 14:10 -0800 on 2000-03-24, Henry A. Worth suggested:

>Does anyone know of any PCMCIA serial I/O cards that
>would be compatible with OF for use as the OF and/or
>XMON/Linux consoles? This would be for the PB2000.
>
>I ran across a site a with links to PCMCIA cards with
>Mac support.  It had a link to www.socketcom.com, which
>a local store stocks, but the socketcom site did not
>have word-one about Mac support. Their serial cards are

IMHO Mac support does include a Mac driver sitting in your extensions
folder, so far not really interesting.
you went through OF ?
via:
0> dev /aliases
0> .properties
0> words
0> devaliases
after that step I can see on my 3400:
.
.
.
lower	/bandit/ti1130 at 13
upper	/bandit/ti1130 at 13,1
.
.
ata2	/bandit/ti1130 at 13
ata3	/bandit/ti1130 at 13,1
[the ata2/3 alias works good for MacOS booting from my 2.5" pcmcia
enclosure HD; did not try it with Linux, 'cause I did not manage to
mount it from my Linuxbox with the pcmcia-cs ide_cs.o and ide.conf,
and therefore could not install Linux partitions on that HD]

0> dev /bandit/ti1130 at 13
0> .properties			[tells you something about this port]
0> words				[output gives a hint about
port-capabilities]

don't know what your input/output defaults are [type 'printenv']
but if I remember correctly you can change it for example with
0> "lower" input

HTH
Claus