LongTrail PCI resource assignment

Geert Uytterhoeven geert at linux-m68k.org
Fri Mar 24 23:37:01 EST 2000

On Fri, 24 Mar 2000, Michael Schmitz wrote:
> > >Another advantage of no longer using the information from the OF tree is that
> > >we can just call pci_assign_unassigned_resources() and get everything
> > >reassigned, without worrying about inconsistencies with the OF device tree.
> > >
> > >BTW, if you do want to keep the OF device tree consistent,
> > >pcibios_update_resource() is the place to do this.
> >
> > If this is called _after_ we have done the bus re-numbering, updating the
> > OF tree will be difficult since we need the old bus number to match the
> > PCI device with it's OF entry.
>
> On a somewhat related issue (the PCI mapping funnies for the Lombard and
> possibly other Rage Pro devices): what are the penalties if I 'correct'
> the PCI mapping for the Rage Pro within atyfb_of_init?

To be a bit more constructive: what about adapting my patches and use them on
the Lombard as well? Then the conflicting secondary aperture will be assigned a
new region, while the valid regions will stay what they are.

Gr{oetje,eeting}s,

						Geert

--
Geert Uytterhoeven ------------- Sony Software Development Center Europe (SDCE)