Xfree86 4.0 (mach stuff)

Morningstar elfboy at antioch-college.edu
Sat Mar 18 06:11:05 EST 2000

On Fri, 17 Mar 2000, James B. Parker wrote:

> I noticed plenty of people working on getting rage128 hardware working with
> 4.0, so where is the support for earlier hardware (rage pro, rage ++,
> whatever)?  I am sure not everyone running LinuxPPC has a rage 128 setup.
> Or am I just missing something (like the same config file works for both)?

	If I recall looking at the docs, Rage Pro and the rest are already
 supported by 4.0. I'ts the 128's that need the tweaking. I've got a Rage
 Pro built in video (I use a Nexus 128 PCI) and X4.0 had no trouble with
 it or finding the drivers for it. Still don't have X up though, working
 on the 'no screens' problem...

                                                         -Morningstar

                    * We dance where angels fear to tread *

              * I seek a lover whose kiss is like an open wound *

--
Webmaster
Antioch College
webmaster at antioch-college.edu