KDE install (2000)

James B. Parker pajama1 at mindspring.com
Sat Mar 18 05:34:57 EST 2000

This is my second install of Linux 2000.  Both times I have noticed KDE was
not working (everything shows up in the little task bar but nothing runs).
Also, at login, if I choose KDE never ever happens and I have to do a
control-power-backspace to bring me back to login.  This has occurred after
two installations of ALL packages (except the foreign language choice).

So both times I tried to do an install from the command line:
rpm -ivh k*

and I get messages for several of the packages that look like:

kde (whatever) requires libqt.so.1

If I installed everything from the CD and the CD contains the most recent
packages, what is going on?  I tried to re-install the qt package and I got
the message that the package was already installed.

Any info is appreciated!
James B. Parker