controlfb in Paul's 2.3.48

Michel Lanners mlan at cpu.lu
Wed Mar 8 05:40:58 EST 2000

Hi list,

I'm struggling with kernel 2.3 to get all my special stuff working
again...

Anyway, while experimenting, I noticed that the 2.3.48 controlfb
doesn't recognize my 4 MB VRAM anymore. Here's the message:

 controlfb: Memory bank 1 present, bank 2 absent, total VRAM 2MB

Sure enough, both banks are present and do work in 2.2.13 (my current
kernel).

Anybody else seen this? The controlfb VRAM detection thing has been
discussed all over a few times on the list, but I wasn't aware of any
remaining problems in the 2.2 version. So, why was it changed for 2.3?

Dan, did you have any other reports of misdetection? I can try and hack
a quick detection code, to see what goes on in my box...

Thanks

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan at cpu.lu            |