FireWire + Apple PB G3: some success

Dan Bethe dan_bethe at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 4 06:46:41 EST 2000

--- Benjamin Herrenschmidt <bh40 at calva.net> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 3, 2000, Ryuichi Oikawa <roikawa at rr.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:
>
> >BBTW, I'm new in the MOL source and I need some
> information/explanation.
> >Today I tried to add RageLTPro OF properties to MOL oftree.nw,

> Another possibility is to patch, from a MacOS extension, some QD
> functions are directly route them to the emulator instead of using
> Apple
> acceleration hooks.

	I just want to say that I have tremendous respect for anyone who's
even trying this kind of thing.  I bought my Powerbook around March of
1999, with the full intention of running Linux on it as much as humanly
possible.
	If it's significantly easier to implement 3D hardware support in MOL,
than it is to implement it natively in GLX, then I'll support that.
Hopefully it will provide a monitor or even reverse engineering
environment for us to eventually have native support.
	I'm serious, guys.  I invested in this machine for the long haul,
knowing only that at least basic bare functional hardware support
existed for it in LinuxPPC.  I intended to help you guys out as much as
I can, in any way possible.  I just started reading my "humanistic
programming in Applesoft BASIC" book, and I'm learning all about how to
format text I/O  :>  so hopefully I'll soon be able to help implement
LinuxPPC hardware support.
	I provide intrinsic support for anyone who wants to make this thing
kick as much ass as it does in MacOS, and I'm sure we can work out some
kind of extrinsic support as well, such as cash, cookies, pizza, or a
fellow tester.  You name it, and I'm there.

=====
"Don't expect your own messiah; this neverworld which you desire is
only in your mind." -- http://www.dreamtheater.net/songb4.htm#IV5