PATCH: ncr885e PPC patch look ok to you?

Michel Lanners mlan at cpu.lu
Sun Jun 11 18:14:27 EST 2000

Hi Jeff,

Still cleaning up, I see?

On  10 Jun, this message from Jeff Garzik echoed through cyberspace:
> Does this patch, against 2.4.0-test1-ac13, look ok to you guys?

Looks good to my, AFAIKT. Only potential problem I see is the PCI IO
region access on PPC machines without ISA, where there has to be a
translation applied. But that will probably be only finally resolved in
2.5...

> NOTE:  Maybe a PPC kernel expert can tell me whether pci_enable_device
> on PPC actually enabled PIO/MMIO regions correctly?  If so, this patch
> can, in addition to the change above, also remove the "manual" setting
> of the PIO bit in PCI_COMMAND.

Not that I would call myself a kernel expert, but yes,
pci_enable_device() works correctly on PPC. So you can remove the manual
IO enable.

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |