Possible gcc bug?

Geoff Hutchison ghutchis at wso.williams.edu
Sun Jun 11 15:03:26 EST 2000

Before I send this message off to gcc-bugs, I wanted to check with
the list to see if it's a problem with the particular gcc RPM I'm
using (Franz's latest of gcc-2.95.3-2a.src.rpm). I also need to pare
the code down a bit more to see if I can come up with a smaller
testcase.

       When compiled with optimization, x and y loops run correctly
           gcc -O -o loop-bug loop-bug.c -lm
       When compiled WITHOUT optimization, x and y loops run incorrectly
           gcc -o loop-bug loop-bug.c -lm

Here's the problem. I'm doing some numerical calculations and main
loop isn't being executed! It seems like something is clobbering one
of my const declarations internally. There are other strange problems
with other parts of my original code when optimization is turned on,
but I'd rather one step at a time.

If I'm being a complete moron and doing something silly, please let
me know and I'll eat my words.

Thanks,