New experimental X 4.0 not working

Michel Dänzer daenzer at relog.ch
Wed Jun 7 00:40:34 EST 2000

[I'm forwarding this to the MLs so everyone knows]

Sinan Gürkan wrote:

> I installed XFree4.0b...but it doesn`t work...
> after startx command it loads a bit and it freezes the whole system.
> You have to reboot and filesystem is corrupted..(I ran fsck 3 times :) )

Do you use update/bdflush/whatever? I get lotsa lockups when hacking kernels
and X servers, but I've never had to run fsck more than twice (once
automatically and once manually).

> I am sending you the XFree86 log
>
> XFree86 Version 4.0a / X Window System
                  ^^^^
You are using the 4.0a loader with 4.0b modules. Use the 4.0b loader.

Michel

Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86, Team *AMIGA*, AUGS