linux-pmac-stable

Benjamin Herrenschmidt bh40 at calva.net
Tue Jun 6 06:35:07 EST 2000

On Mon, Jun 5, 2000, Ryan Boder <rboder at grn.georet.net> wrote:

>I am having trouble with the linux-pmac-stable source. I have a G4 AGP
>400MHZ. The problem is that for every kernel I compile, it begins
>booting but halfway through the process it freezes up and kgdb gives me
>this...

The linux-pmac-stable contains a weird USB stack that provides 2
different USB OHCI drivers: the OHCI, and the OHCI-HCD. You should make
sure you use the OHCI one, not the OHCI-HCD.

This has been all cleaned up in 2.3/2.4 series, we will probably make a
new USB backport for 2.2 once 2.4 is stable enough.

Ben.