Current status on Voodoo3 support?

phandel at cise.ufl.edu phandel at cise.ufl.edu
Wed Jul 26 16:36:48 EST 2000

On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, William H. Schultz wrote:

> I was just wondering where I can find information on the status of
> Voodoo3 support.  I noticed with my latest rsync of the 2.4.x kernel
> that DRI support finally compiles--but the voodoo3 module still doesn't
> compile.  Having no experience at all in coding drivers, is there
> anything I can do to help out?

For now, I'd recommend using the 2.4.x driver (tdfxfb.c) in 2.2.
I've put together a patch that should apply cleanly to the 2.2.1{6,7}
kernels, and it is located here:

http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~phandel/linux/patch/

Download and apply the Config.in, Makefile.in, and fbmem.c patches.  If
you have a 2.3.x or 2.4.x tdfxfb.c, you can patch it with the
tdfx_tdfxfb.c.diff patch, or else just grab the already-patched tdfxfb.c
and put it in linux/drivers/video.

Thanks,
Peter