Xfree86 version 4.01

John Grimes jpgrimes at johngrimes.dyndns.org
Wed Jul 26 00:02:39 EST 2000

> Does the console work there? If yes, just don't specify any modelines and it
> will use the console mode.

Nope, console doesn't work for the 2nd monitor so suspect a config issue
on my side.  Will continue to work on.  Although how would I even get to
the 2nd monitor on the console, will moving the mouse get me there?  Or is
it higher console numbers?

Although I should add the console does work for the main r128 driven
monitor and using fbset I can change modes.

> And beware: With Xinerama, all screens must have the same depth...

yup, knew that, X is so painful with colors anyway I wouldn't even know
how some one could do this otherwise (imagine an 8 bit with a 32 bit
monitor, what would happen with taht color map when it swicthed windows :)

				thanks,
				John

--
           John Grimes - Mission Planner for Chandra X-Ray Telescope
Phone 	(H) 617-591-1393	(W) 617-496-7663	(Fax) 617-495-7356