Xfree86 version 4.01

Michel Dänzer daenzer at relog.ch
Tue Jul 25 23:41:00 EST 2000

John Grimes wrote:

> > > There aren't any rejected modes.
> >
> > How exactly do they not work then?
> >
> > > I think the suggestion taht I use fbset to create modelines is right on.
> >
> > Try it, but I think if that was the problem your modes would get rejected.
> > Do you use Option "UseFBDev"?
>
> Your right, didn't work.  I still can use only 1280x1024, the other modes
> are definetely screwed up when I cycle through them although I am using
> modelines taken from fbset -x.  So I don't know what's wrong.  Some modes
> are rejected but all of these should be rejected (1600x1200, ...)  It
> definetely s finding modes it thinks are OK (or using my modelines) but it
> isn't working.

So it looks like that bug still isn't fixed.

Ani, Ben, Kostas, Kevin: Any reason the r128 driver can't use fbdevhw to set
up modes? (like glint)

> > If the internal video isn't the default framebuffer device (where the
> > initial console comes up on), you'll have to add
> >
> >       Option  "fbdev" "/dev/fb1"
> >
> yup, this was exactly what I needed, unfortunately althought i definetely
> is finding this monitor it is not working either.  However I suspect this
> is a monitor config issue and will keep working on it (or maybe try
> another monitor).

Does the console work there? If yes, just don't specify any modelines and it
will use the console mode.

And beware: With Xinerama, all screens must have the same depth...

Michel

--
The three Rs of Microsoft support: Retry, Reboot, Reinstall.
Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86, Team *AMIGA*, AUGS