xf4 bug report

Jack Howarth howarth at bromo.med.uc.edu
Fri Jul 21 18:18:16 EST 2000

   Steffen Haeuser reported the following XFree86 4.0 bugs in linuxppc
in case anyone is interested in looking into these problems...

Hi!

Despite the fact I cannot use LinuxPPC for release-version games currently I
am
keeping the LinuxPPC version (which is basically just a different makefile
than
the Linux-x86 version :) ) of the game I am currently working on on the latest
state.
On this I encountered some bugs in the V4 X Server. I guess you are interested
in
bugreports ? :)

1. VidModeExtension

If I have a 640x480 and a 1024x768 mode defined in XF86Config, after the call
of

XF86VidModeGetAllModeLines

I get those reported as

640x481
1024x769

If I just ignore this and switch to the mode anyways, I get a display which is
completely
garbaged, as if a wrong BytesPerRow is used. This only happens in 640x480
though,
in 1024x768 this works fine.

Next is: When I do a XGetVisualInfo for a different depth like the current
screen
this fails (as I understand it it should not fail, and if a image with the
different
depth is then created, the XShmPutImage should convert for the X Server V
4.0).

Asides from that I did not find any bugs - yet :)

Of course these issues are minor issues for myselves... the big issue is the
3D
Acceleration for me :) ...

Steffen