iBook woes: Update

Robert Thompson rothomp3 at vt.edu
Sat Jul 15 09:26:09 EST 2000

> With 2.2.17pre10-ben1, this makes XFree work well, but the full screen
text consoles are messed up - they bleed weird colors and don't update
correctly.  However, after
> updating to the very very latest yaBoot (0.7) and kernel
(2.2.17pre10-ben2) , both I believe were released today (7/14/2000) all my
video trouble has vanished.  The full
> screen consoles work fine again, and XFree is centered on screen, at 24bit
color, and 800x600.

Wait! Does your trackpad work? If so, then excuse me... WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!
Why doesn't mine work? What are you doing differently? Could it be the new
yaboot? Let me try it and see...

Later,
Robbie