iBook woes: Update

Chris Backas cbackas at rcn.com
Sat Jul 15 09:04:09 EST 2000

On Fri, 14 Jul 2000 19:34:27 -0400, Robert Thompson wrote:

>> Wait! Does your trackpad work? If so, then excuse me...
>WAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!
>> Why doesn't mine work? What are you doing differently? Could it be the new
>> yaboot? Let me try it and see...
>>
>Nope, it isn't the new yaboot. Now I'm *really* confused... my trackpad
>still doesn't work. I can (almost) guarantee that I'm not an idiot, but it's
>beginning to look like I must be doing something wrong.

Yeah, it works fine, and always did.  I dunno, when I went from the 2.2.15 kernels to the 2.2.17 I followed the instructions on BenH's page for the new input stuff.  I did notice
that the DOTConfig file provided with 2.2.17pre10-ben1 didn't enable the new input by default, but I turned that on when I compiled it.

I think the webpage also forgot to rm /dev/adbmouse; ln -s /dev/input/mice /dev/adbmouse

But, I may have just skipped that line by accident, and I did it later anyway.

Chris Backas