switching consoles

Joseph Garcia jpgarcia at execpc.com
Sat Jul 15 04:19:24 EST 2000

Derek Homeier wrote:
> Generally, however, I prefer to set the primary function of the F[1-12]
> keys to "Function keys" in the "Options" of the "Keyboard" Control Panel.
> BTW, this seems to be reset whenever my OF variables are set back to defaults.
> Does anyone know if it is possible to change this setting in OF directly?

I suppose you could try setting it back and forth and getting a hexdump of nvram
and then diff them to find the common thread.  then write an app that does it
for you.

Kinda brute force, but thats how I wrote setpramboot and got it working for my
PDQ. (http://www.execpc.com/~jpgarcia)  The F[1-12] keys thing could be as
little as a single bit, right?

Joseph P. Garcia      jpgarcia at execpc.com      jpgarcia at lidar.ssec.wisc.edu
CS Undergraduate                      Student Employee - Systems Programmer
University of Wisconsin - Madison                            UW Lidar Group

Its not about MHz, its about who's got the bigger endian.