Going from 2.2.12 to 2.2.17pre10

Matt Porter mmporter at home.com
Sun Jul 9 09:29:15 EST 2000

On Thu, Jul 06, 2000 at 07:32:49PM +0200, Michael Lundkvist wrote:

> Gabriel Paubert <paubert at iram.es> writes:
> > Under 2.2.12 dd if=/dev/hda of=xxx bs=512 count=1 and see what comes out.
> > Can PPCBUG actually boot from these disks ?

PPCBUG expects a little endian partition table, so no.

> Nope. I think I'll go for Bugboot. Ramix also talked about the
> possibility of modifying PPCBug to add support for the Ramix 233.

I really have to recommend against that.  Once Ramix sees the icky PPCBUG
code they will hate as much as I do.  I gave well documented changes to
the PPCBUG guys so that BUGBOOT wasn't needed to boot a kernel from
FLASH on a PowerPlus board but they haven't incorporated those changes
after a full year now. :)

--
Matt Porter
mmporter at home.com