HFS+ format

Dan Bethe dan_bethe at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 30 13:53:37 EST 2000

> I'm not sure the Linux VFS layer is much like BSD filesystem code
> anyway. With the recent changes in the 2.3 kernel series, it probably got
> more unlike BSD still. But I've never studied BSD source much :-)

	I'm glad we're still having the discussion about HFS support :)
	Is there any tool or technique to help port BSD source to Linux?  Perhaps a
technical layer or a methodology?  Would the BSD people know more about it,
since they've ported a lot of Linux drivers to BSD?
	On a license tangent, is the current revised BSD license incompatible with
GPL?  This url says that it is compatible:
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/bsd.html.  Secondly, does Darwin use the new or
old BSD license?
	Thanks.

=====
"Don't expect your own messiah; this neverworld which you desire is
only in your mind." -- http://www.dreamtheater.net/songb4.htm#IV5