Kernel Q

Mario Scarpa m.scarpa at mondonet.net
Sat Jan 22 11:03:40 EST 2000

Hi there,

I tried to have a clear idea about this but I still can't
manage to find a definitive answer (maybe because there's
no A at all)...

When are we going to get the kernel source and have it compile
out of the box without wandering around patches, broken
dependencies and other glue ?
Every time I try to compile the kernel on my Lombard PB I
end up with something that - in the best case - bootstraps
but lacks always something (X working only at 16bpp, the
sound card or the modem not seen and so on...) and often
just panics at IDE recognition...
I mean, I don't want to get my ultranew PCI microwave owen
recognized: I just would like to compile this fucking multicast
support into a working kernel :-(

Just an esortation and a big thank to all of you working
to have this dream come true ;-)

--
Mario Scarpa

Mondonet NOC