RS6000 to G4 assembly changes

Robert Neugebauer rneugeba at undergrad.math.uwaterloo.ca
Sat Jan 22 09:53:50 EST 2000

I am sorry my initial post was not clear. There is compiler that is used
for one of my courses at university. The compiler itself only has build
rules for i386 linux, rs6000 aix, and some other unixes. Anyway I am
trying to build this compiler for my linuxppc machine. Since rs6000 is
another ppc based architecture, I tried building using that target, and
that is where I got the movl error. Apparently movl is a valid instruction
for the rs6000. I am curious what I need to change it too.

I hope this clarifies things.

Bob