Fwd: Re: still no accelerated X ($#!$*)

David Edelsohn dje at watson.ibm.com
Fri Jan 21 05:51:39 EST 2000

> Hum... I still have to check what gcc/ppc specific constraints are. But
> in this specific case, it's the index who should not be assigned to r0.
> Both base and regdata can be r0. So either I'm mising something, or the
> "b" constraint is actually wrong semanticall, or we need yet-another
> constraint for the index.

	Sorry, you are right.  I am multitasking on too many things.  The
way that you have written the inlined assembly, regindex should be the one
with the "b" constraint.

	Also, Geert's comment was correct that there is no difference in
the example function simply because of luck.

Sorry, David
David Edelsohn                                      T.J. Watson Research Center
dje at watson.ibm.com                                  P.O. Box 218
+1 914 945 4364 (TL 862)                            Yorktown Heights, NY 10598