new HFS+ developer technote from Apple

Tom Dilling (Oncolink) tdilling at oncodev.isc-net.upenn.edu
Thu Jan 20 03:22:12 EST 2000

I am not a heavy-duty programmer, so I can't help much in this regard,
but I know that many of us would love (ie, desperately need) HFS+
access from linux.  And, it looks like Apple has created a document to
help in this regard.

I hope this is helpful to somebody out there!

http://developer.apple.com/technotes/tn/tn1150.html

This Technote describes the on-disk format for an HFS Plus volume. It
does not describe any programming interfaces for HFS Plus volumes.

This technote is directed at developers who need to work with HFS Plus
at a very low level, below the abstraction provided by the File
Manager programming interface. This includes developers of disk
recovery utilities and programmers implementing HFS Plus support on
other platforms.

This technote assumes that you have a conceptual understanding of the
HFS volume format, as described in Inside Macintosh: Files.

Sincerely,
Tom Dilling
Production Editor, OncoLink
http://www.oncolink.upenn.edu/