Help w/ gdb

Sean Chitwood darkmane at w-link.net
Sun Jan 16 18:12:05 EST 2000

Hi-
	I periodically ask this question here because I have never found a more appropriate audience or satisfactory answer.

	I am attempting to help w/ the mozilla project, but I am having little success due to the following problem. When I attempt to debug an assert/crash as I bring up the stack trace I notice that some of the frames point only to the ending curly brace of a function (Not always the one it says is being debugged). I cannot examine variables, or learn anything else productive about the situation. I realize I am not familiar w/ gdb, I am primarily familiar w/ windows GUI based debuggers, so I figure I am missing a configuration setting, but for the life of me I can't figure out what it is. I do know that I am keeping the source and binary files synced, so that shouldn't be it. It seems to load the symbols correctly (no complaining about missing symbols), butother than that I seem to be clueless.

	I am enclosing my .gdbinit file (it is short) so you can see if anything is missing. I am using gdb-4.18-4c, which I believe I got from fsirl's directory on devel.linuxppc.org.

	So please could you help?

	Sean aka Darkmane
+ On October 16, 1999 A.D.
+ Sean Chitwood proudly proclaimed