problem with gunzip()

LiuTao tliu at ict.ac.cn
Tue Jan 11 11:37:04 EST 2000

Hi:

I made zImage first of course. Then I wrote a little program to
extract the image section which is vmlinux.gz from zImage.
I use visionPROBE which is emulator of EST to debug the linux.
I downloaded the program to my board with emulator, then downloaded
the vmlinux.gz to the position of ZIMAGE_OFFSET. I ran the program,
I can see the following message:

loaded at:     00800000 0080B1C8
board data at: 00800158 00800180
relocated to:  007F0100 007F0128
zimage at:     00830263 0088A2AF
avail ram:     0088B000 01000000

Linux/PPC load:
Uncompressing Linux...done.
Now booting the kernel

So I think the vmlinux.gz that I downloaded to the board is correct.
I also compared vmlinux.gz with contents in RAM ZIMAGE_OFFSET, they
are same. But after gunzip, the contents in RAM 0x0 are different
with vmlinux.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks!

LiuTao