problem with gunzip()

Jim Lewis jlewis at mvista.com
Tue Jan 11 02:25:26 EST 2000

Hi,

I have had a problem such as yours that was caused by corruption in the
compressed s-record image once it was on the target. I had thought that
Gunzip would catch this, but it did not. How is your image being
transmitted to the target? Is it over a serial link? In my case, the
S-record loader was not checking checksums and occasionally, a serial
transmission error went undetected. Gunzip did not complain, but the
uncompressed image would end up being skewed by a few bytes.
Hope this helps.

--
Jim Lewis
Sr. Field Applications Engineer