asm-m68k/setup.h in setup.h

Michael Schmitz schmitz at opal.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de
Mon Jan 3 22:27:09 EST 2000

> I'm playing with buildkernel from http://www.pobox.com/~wstearns/buildkernel/
> That is a 'program' which should make it easy to build a kernel. I have
> to find out......
>
> Now this script removes all other archs from the kernel tree. Especially
> the asm-m68k in the include directory.
> When building the kernel it fails because asm-m68k/setup.h is not available.

That's what you get for using 'smart' tools. Complain to the buildkernel
author, please.

> I saw that asm-ppc/setup.h includes this file.
> In asm-ppc/setup.h m68k_num_memory and m68k_memory are defined. These
> two are declared extern in asm-m68k.
> Are there other things needed from asm-m68k/setup.h?

There will be a lot of other things needed even from arch/m68k if you want
to build kernels for the APUS PPC upgrades for Amigas. The m68k_num_memory
and m68k_memory variables should only be included in the PPC build if
support for APUS is configured though. The APUS people have a separate

	Michael