ramdisk images

Ingvar Hagelund; UiO ingvar at unik.no
Mon Jan 3 09:43:08 EST 2000

Just a short question:

I've got an IBM RS/6000 43P-133, and try to install linuxppc-1999.
I've downloaded bootdisks and a copy of the ftp-site. The box boots,
but the installer(s) won't work. I guess ramdisk image is the problem.

So the question:
If the ramdisk.img.gz at ftp://ftp.linuxppc.org/install/ does not work
properly during install. Is this the same ramdisk image as the one on the
CD-ROM, as described in the README in the PREP-CHRP-BeBox directory on the
ftp site? If not, where can I find a proper ramdisk image for my box?

Regards
Ingvar

Ingvar Hagelund             Phone: (+47) 22740512
E-mail: ingvar at unik.no      WWW: http://www.ifi.uio.no/~ingvarha
Adress: Ringshusveien 10,   N-1176  OSLO, NORWAY
Experience GNU/Linux!