PowerPC in little endian mode

Tony Mantler eek at escape.ca
Thu Feb 17 21:21:39 EST 2000

At 2:52 AM -0600 2/17/2000, Patrick Lerda wrote:
>	Most of the trouble I have on my PowerPC platform came from the fact
>that
>	Linux work in big-endian mode,

[... "please run ppc-linux in little-endian mode" ...]

>	And so be able to get all the software from linux i386 working world
>without headache.

Perhaps it's just my m68k side speaking (m68k = big endian only, for those
who don't know), but I think it's safe to say that doing anything to make
it easier for lazy mouth-breathing code-typists to write sloppy and
incorrect code is a Bad Thing[tm].

Besides that, switching ppc-linux to little-endian mode would be (to put it
mildly) a pain in the ass of galactic proportions.

Cheers - Tony :)

--
Tony Mantler         Renaissance Nerd Extraordinaire         eek at escape.ca
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada                       http://www.escape.ca/~eek