Latest OpenPic changes

Gabriel Paubert paubert at iram.es
Sat Feb 12 04:30:06 EST 2000

On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Gabriel Paubert wrote:
> > On Fri, 11 Feb 2000, Geert Uytterhoeven wrote:
> > > After two days of hacking I finally found out what went wrong. Your changes to
> > > the OpenPIC code cause my machine to hang in openpic_enable_irq(). I added a
> > > timeout to the do { ... } while (...) loop:
> >
> > Please use ISU[irq - open_pic_irq_offset] everywhere. You are not reading
>
> Doh! I overlooked that one...

Note that there are still problems, some functions use check_arg_irq(irq)
and then use irq while othre use irq-open_pic_irq_offset after the same
check. I'm still trying to understand how it should work since I suspect
something is wrong given the behaviour of my nfsroot machines :-(

Oh and BTW there is a typo in the kernel.org sources:

		if ( !(_machine && (_MACH_gemini|_MACH_Pmac)) )

				^^
should be & otherwise the cascade interrupt will never be requested.

	Gabriel.