lots of questions (va_list, embedded perl, cvsd, introduction - sort of)

Alex Avriette alex at macachu.yi.org
Wed Dec 6 04:25:13 EST 2000

And lo there was much discussion regarding:

-snip-

> pass [4] int: 25 string: somestring
> Speicherschutzverletzung (core dumped)
>
> is what I get. On Intel, that is. gcc version is egcs-2.91.66. Seems
> something's wrong with your code in general.

well, thats the thing. there isnt, i dont think, wrong with my code (apart
from what you said earlier (later? i get this as being 15 minutes
"new"er). it doesnt segfault at all here. i get some screwed up variables,
though, in the nested_va test. however, that clearly isnt the way to run
it. the part that caught my attention is i cannot have *two* va_start
clauses in one function in the code that im running, which, like i said,
is available at opennap.sourceforge.net. i would really appreciate
somebody else giving me a heads-up on this. what i get when i ask the
other opennap developers is "that crazy ppc machine is just going to
crash, its a *mac*." i suspect there is something deeper going on here.

i will look into the __va_copy.

alex

--
alex avriette [alex at cosmo.allay.net]

"No man who uses EMACS is deserving of love."
	Tom Christiansen <tchrist at perl.com>,
	_Perl Cookbook_, pp. 653