lots of questions (va_list, embedded perl, cvsd, introduction - sort of)

Michael Schmitz schmitz at opal.biophys.uni-duesseldorf.de
Tue Dec 5 21:28:46 EST 2000

> in the above code, buf is null. furthermore, in the second va_start-end
> clause, ap is clobbered. so putchan never has anything to "put." because
> the chassis is so thorough, i am adding it to the bottom of the message so
> my next question actually gets read. but i would really love it if people
> would take it and run it and tell me what they get.

opal:~> ./va-test
pass [1] int: 25 string: somestring
pass [2] int: 25 string: somestring
pass [3] int: 25 string: somestring
pass [4] int: 25 string: somestring
Speicherschutzverletzung (core dumped)

is what I get. On Intel, that is. gcc version is egcs-2.91.66. Seems
something's wrong with your code in general.

	Michael